Restoration Spring Garden Hornpipe
X:1 T:Restoration Spring Garden Hornpipe B:Walsh M:3/2 L:1/8 K:Gm ga b2 a2 a^f g2 d2| cde2 d2 cB c2 A2| Bc d2 c2 BA B2 AB| G2 ed cBAG ^F4| ga b2 a2 g^f g2 d2| cd e2 d2 cBc2 A2| Bc d2 c2 BA B2 AG| D2 G2 ^FGAF G4:| |:de f2 f2 ed e2 c2| CD E2 D2 C=B, C4| cd e2 e2 dc d2 c2| B,C D2 C2 B,A, B,4| b2 ag a2 f^f g2 d2 | e2 dc d2 c=B c4| bagf edcB AGFE| DCB,A, B,G A,^F G4:||
RESTORATION SPRING GARDEN HORNPIPE. English, “Old” or Triple Hornpipe” (3/2 time). G Minor. Standard tuning (fiddle). AABB. The melody appears in London music publisher John Walsh’s Lancashire Jigs, Hornpipes, Joaks, etc. (c. 1730, No. 4). The title refers to one of London’s several pleasure gardens of the 18th century, Spring Garden, in the north of the city. Actually, there were two Spring Gardens: the older Spring Garden was at Charing Cross, it coexisted with the New Spring Garden, also known as Vauxhall Garden, which was opened to the public shortly after the Restoration, probably in 1661. It continued to be advertised as Spring Gardens till late in the 18th century.