X:1 T:Drum M:6/8 L:1/8 N:Goodman includes the tune in his section “Jackson’s Airs” B:James Goodman music manuscript collection, vol. 4 (mid-19th century, p. 5) B:http://goodman.itma.ie/volume-four#?c=0&m=0&s=0&cv=8&z=-1570.4508%2C1495.3122%2C9934.2578%2C3784.7937 Z:AK/Fiddler’s Companion K:D d/B/|AFD DFD|AFD Ddc|AFD DFD|GEE Edc| AFD DFD|AFA d2e|fed BdB|AFE E2:| |:f/g/|afd dfd|afd d2 f/g/|afd dfd|gee e2 f/g/| afd dfd|afd efg|fed Bc/d/B|AFE E2:|]
DRUM. AKA and see "Frazer's Jig (2)," "Jackson's Drum," "Miss Frazer's Delight," "Paddy from Portlaw." Irish, Jig (6/8 time). The tune, under the name "Drum", is attributed by 19th century Anglican cleric, musician and collector James Goodman, Cork, to the famous 18th century uilleann piper Walker 'Piper' Jackson, of the townland of Lisdaun, parish of Ballingarry, Aughrim, County Limerick. It was also published in Henry Hudson's music column in The Citizen of August 1841 (No. 28). See also the first strain of Goodman's "Loosen the Belts."