Your privacy is important to The Traditional Tune Archive.
This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that The Traditional Tune Archive collects, and the ways in which The Traditional Tune Archive uses that personal information.
Personal information collection
- The Traditional Tune Archive may collect and will never use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your use of this website (including time, pages visited, pages edited, etc...);
- information that you provide using for the purpose of registering with the website (including you name, and you e-mail address);
- information about transactions carried out over this website;
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services;
- any other information that you send to The Traditional Tune Archive.
Using personal information
- The Traditional Tune Archive may use your personal information to:
- administer this website;
- personalize the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- publish information about you on the website;
- send you site related communications.
In a nutshell: Courtesy vanishing means any user in good standing—upon leaving The Traditional Tune Archive forever—may request renaming of their account; deletion or blanking of user pages; and possibly the deletion or blanking of discussions related to his or her conduct. This courtesy vanishing does not include the deletion of user contributions, and normally does not include the deletion of user talk pages.
The usual way to leave The Traditional Tune Archive is simply to stop editing and abandon your account. A courtesy vanishing may be implemented when a user in good standing decides not to return, and for whatever reason wishes to make their contributions harder to find or to remove their association with their edits. When there is no administrative need to retain the information, a permanently departing user may request that a wide range of user pages, and other pages that affect him or her alone, be deleted on departure. The user account is renamed; user pages are blanked or deleted; and pages related to the user's conduct may be deleted, blanked, or moved. Contributions, logs, signatures, and user-page templates (for example, templates related to blocks or bans) are usually not removed. User talk pages are usually not deleted.
Courtesy vanishing is discretionary and may be refused. It is not intended to be temporary. It is not a way to avoid scrutiny or sanctions. It is not a fresh start and does not guarantee anonymity. Any of the deleted pages may be undeleted after a community discussion. If the user returns, the "vanishing" will likely be fully reversed, the old and new accounts will be linked, and any outstanding sanctions or restrictions will be resumed.
Due to all contributions being licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 License and the GFDL, it is not possible to delete an account.
See Courtesy vanishing for more details on how to leave The Traditional Tune Archive
Securing your data
The Traditional Tune Archive will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
The Traditional Tune Archive will store all the personal information you provide on its secure server.
Updating this statement
This website contains links to other websites. The Traditional Tune Archive is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.