Gallantries of Dolgellen (The)
X:1 T:Malldod Dôlgellen T:Gallantries of Dolgellen, The M:C L:1/8 R:Air B:Edward Jones – Musical and Poetical Relicks of the Welsh Bards (1784, p. 127) Z:AK/Fiddler’s Companion K:G d/4^c/4B/4A/4|dddd d>efd|G/G/B/d/ ga gfed|c/d/e/f/ ed (c3B)|cAA^G (A3=G)| FGAG FF/G/AF|ABCB ABCD|EDCB A>G A/B/c/A/|G2 GF G3:| |:(3G/B/d/|=f2e2d2c2|=f2e2d2c2|AcBd ced=f|edcB T(A3G)| (^F>G)AG FF/G/ A/G/A/F/|(A>B)dB AA/B/ c/B/c/d/|edcB AG A/B/c/A/|z[GB][GB][FA] [B,3D3G3]!fermata!:|]
GALLANTRIES OF DOLGELLEN, THE (Malldod Dôlgellen). Welsh, Air (whole time). G Major. Standard tuning (fiddle). AABB. Leigh's New Pocket Road-Book of England and Wales (1840, p. 90) gives:
Dolgelly or Dolgellen (Merioneth), situated in a fertile valley between the rivers Arran and Wnion, surrounded by mountains, and justly celebrated for the beauty of its scenery. It has a considerable trade in flannels, coarse cloths and kerseymeres, and is much frequented by persons making excursions for pleasure. The principal building is the County-hall, erected about 1825, but it also has a small Church and a Market-house. Outside the town is the County Gaol. Township. Pop. 2093. Inns: Golden Lion, Angel, Ship.