Garscube House

Find traditional instrumental music
Jump to: navigation, search

Back to Garscube House


GARSCUBE HOUSE. Scottish, Strathspey. B Flat Major. Standard tuning (fiddle). ABB. Composed by "A Lady" (Gow). Garscube House was a manor in Glasgow, situated on the River Kelvin. In Gow's time it was the seat of Sir Ilay Campbell (1734-1823) of Succoth, 1st Baronet, and his wife Susan Mary Murray, whom he married in 1765. Garscube Houe was replaced by another mansion in 1827 designed by architect William Burn (1789-1870) in the style of an Elizabethan manor and survived into the 1950's.

Source for notated version:

Printed sources: Carlin (The Gow Collection), 1986; No. 61. Gow (Fourth Collection of Niel Gow's Reels), 2nd ed., originally 1800; p. 13.

Recorded sources:




Back to Garscube House