X:1 T:Glanmorgan House M:6/8 L:1/8 R:Jig S:James Goodman (1828─1896) music manuscript collection, S:vol. 3, p. 145. Mid-19th century, County Cork F:http://goodman.itma.ie/volume-three#?c=0&m=0&s=0&cv=148&z=-2815.4555%2C0%2C13806.911%2C6432 F:at Trinity College Dublin / Irish Traditional Music Archive goodman.itma.ie Z:AK/Fiddler’s Companion K:A g/f/|eAA ABd|ede g2e|dBG GAG|Bdd d2g| eAA ABd|ede g2e|dBg dBG|ABA A2:| |:g|aba age|gab b2a|gag ged|egg g2b| aba age|gab b2a|geg dBG|ABA A2:|]
GLANMORGAN HOUSE. AKA and see "Hills of Glenorchy (1)," "House of Glenarkeen (The)." Irish, Jig (6/8 time). A Major. Standard tuning (fiddle). AABB. "Glanmorgan House" appears in the large mid-19th century music manuscript collection of County Cork cleric and uilleann piper Canon James Goodman. Hugh and Lisa Shield, researchers working with the Goodman manuscripts, find Goodman's own "House of Glenarkeen (The)" and "House of Clonelphin (The)" to be cognate tunes, also related to "Boys of Tandragee (The)" or "Happy and Gay."