X:1 T:Gogerddan M:2/4 L:1/8 R:Air Q:"Graceful" B:Edward Jones – Musical and Poetical Relicks of the Welsh Bards (1784, p. 127) Z:AK/Fiddler’s Companion K:G (GB)(Bd)|cA Ad/c/|B/A/G/A/ [GB][FA]|[B,3D3G3]z|e2 ef|[e2g2][^d2f2]| geef|gg/b/ ff/a/|geef|g=d/g/fe|dBcA|GdBd| e2 ag|~f>efd|gded|cB Ad/c/|B/A/G/A/ TA>G|G4:| |:e2 ef|gg/b/ ff/a/|geef|g/b/a/g/ f/a/g/f/| geef|gd/g/ fe|dBce|Td3d|e2 ag| ~f>efd|gded|cB Ad/c/|B/A/G/A/ TA>G|G4!fermata!:|]
GOGERDDAN. Welsh, Air (2/4 time). G Major. Standard tuning (fiddle). AABB. Gogerddan Mansion was built in the late seventeenth to early eighteenth century, and much extended in 1860. The estate was owned by the Pryse family from at least the fifteenth century: the family was descended from Gwaethfod, Lord of Cardigan in the eleventh century. Gogerddan was one of the four great Cardiganshire estates from the 16th century, wealthy from lead-mining from the seventeenth century.