Miss Douglas of Springwood Park
Back to Miss Douglas of Springwood Park
MISS DOUGLAS OF SPRINGWOOD PARK. Scottish, Strathspey. D Major. Standard tuning (fiddle). AAB. See also other tunes for the family: "Mr. Douglas of Springwood Park." Springwood Park, Kelso, was an estate originally called Bridgend, renamed in 1750 when Admiral Sir James Douglas (1704-1787) purchased the land.
The mansion was let become dilapidated and was deemed a hazard, and the structure razed in the first half of the 20th century.
Source for notated version:
Printed sources: Stewart-Robertson (The Athole Collection), 1884; p. 128.