Cross Well of Edinburgh
CROSS WELL OF EDINBURGH, THE. Scottish. Glen (1891) finds the earliest printing of the tune in Robert Bremner's 2nd collection, 1768 (p. 110). The Cross Well was originally a spring that had been covered in 1620, a little south of its present location on High Street. It was moved when the market cross was taken away, and in 1807 in was covered by a fountain shaped like an imperial crown, built by one-armed stone mason Robert Gray.
REPLACE THIS LINE WITH THE ABC CODE OF THIS TUNE
© 1996-2010 Andrew Kuntz. All Rights Reserved.
Engraver Valerio M. Pelliccioni